Distance Sale – Your right to cancel
For the used vehicles sold at Friendly Motors ltd 12 Effingham Road, Birmingham, B13 0DW, Tel: 0742 9214133
Having your vehicle delivered or used our click and collect service and you have changed your mind. Under the Distance selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days subject to the limitation set out below.
The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you, or a third party on your behalf, collect or take delivery of your vehicle.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement sent by post or email to our address and reach us by 05:30 pm on the 14th day following delivery or collection.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse payments received from you, including the cost of delivering the goods to you (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose delivery over collection or a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). This reimbursement is subject to the following conditions:
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. Anything over and above a standard test drive will be considered unnecessary handling and will lead to a deduction of £2.50 plus VAT for each mile driven over 20 miles. In addition, we will also be entitled to make a deduction for any damage or excess wear hence upon receipt of your vehicle it is imperative that you fully inspect its physical condition. Once you have signed to accept the vehicle we will, unfortunately not accept liability for any damage which was not noted during your vehicle’s delivery or collection.
- Delivery of your vehicle will take place at an agreed time and place. Should you for any reason be unable to accept this delivery then you will be liable for the cost of this delivery and any subsequent charges to return it. In the event of cancelation this amount will be deducted from your final refund amount.
- The vehicle can’t be modified in any way from the condition it was delivered in or collected from our premises.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you the vehicle and all documents which were supplied including, but not limited to, service histories and the V5 documentation.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. This may include handing back any part exchange vehicle if still available and/or seeking payment from you to cover any negative equity.
- We will withhold the reimbursement until we have received the vehicle , relevant goods and all paperwork back in good order.
- It is your responsibility to return the vehicle without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation of this contract to us.
- You will remain liable for the vehicle and so for its tax, insurance, and any fines, charges or penalties until it has been accepted back to our premises.
- You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods and take full responsibility for the safe return of the vehicle.
- You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than which is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods according to the previous reference to test drives.